Today has been quite different from the usual. Normally, Amber sleeps until 8:30-9am then has a good nap in the morning. The rest of the day - anything goes, however she does still nap for short bits here and there.
Today, well... today she was wide awake by 7:30 (I am not complaining here, trust me!) and was wide awake all morning! She started to get a little fussy around 11:30 but would not fall asleep in the usual way. I made sure everything was right (fed her, burped her, changed her, gave her her soother, tried her in different positions, rocked her...) but she just didn't seem to want to sleep. We went for a drive to the grocery store around 12:30 and I figured... surely she'll nap now. She loves going for car rides! As soon as we get going, she falls right asleep. And sure enough, today as usual, she falls asleep. However as soon as we get to the grocery store, she wakes up and is alert and happy for the rest of the trip home. Ok. Fine. But now by 2pm she is getting cranky. Not crying or upset, just simply complaining and won't let me put her down anywhere. So I decide to bring her upstairs and lay down with her in our bed.
Hah. For the next HOUR, she fought it! She kicked and waved her arms like she was conducting an orchestra! Oh she was tired, believe me. She was rubbing her eyes, jamming her fist into her nose, would close her eyes and relax when I stroked her nose (her sweet spot) and when she'd lose her soother... she'd just keep on sucking. Oh my. I had a really hard time trying not to laugh. She was putting up such a good fight! Then, all of a sudden, she's out! Hah! I win!
.
.
.
.
.
Aaaaaand she's awake.
No comments:
Post a Comment